We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ethology: science that studies animal behavior
What is it - biological definition
Ethology is a science, branch of zoology, that studies the behavior of animal species.
The main themes studied by ethology are:
- Evolution of animal behavior;
- Relationship between animals of the same species living in groups (families) or isolated;
- Animal behavior with changes occurring in nature (global warming, droughts, flooding of regions, etc.)
- Relationship between various animal species in nature;
- The relationship and behavior of animals with humans in various situations;
- Use of results from animal experiments to advance research on human behavior.
Famous ethologists of history:
- Nikolaas Tinbergen
- Konrad Lorenz
- Karl Ritter von Frisch (expert in the study of insect behavior)
- Clinton Richard Dawkins